For Halloween I was Michael Phelps. :)
Everyone loved my costume, and unlike the other girls no one called me a slut (even though I had on less clothes than them lmao) Only one person didn't know who I was.
I wore my speedo, some goggles, my roughwater medals, and a friend's Olumpic Beijing Jacket! All the girls loved it, and one guy was acting really uncomfortable but thats his problem isnt it? ;)
Then we had a swim meet the next day. It was a very odd/ old pool. I'd have an outside pool any day over an inside one. I wasn't in the right mood to be around people, and there were about 300 people stuck in that tiny little place continuously yelling cheers, etc. Did I mention the pool was only six lanes, and the diving boards were in the shallow end?
Much to say I had to actually run into the locker rooms, find a corner (it was like a maze) and sit there for a couple minutes with my eyes closed.
After that it got much better. I hung out with the team, and got to know them a little bit better. Some of the girls that had steered clear of me have started talking to me. It was a lot of fun. On the way back we watched the old Disney movie Hocus Pocus. It was a nice memory of the past. We went to Subway and coach paid for all of us again! Coach said its our money anyways so I guess i shouldnt feel so gracious?
So this Wednesday to raise money for the swim team, (plus a third of it is going to a cancer charity) we are going to do a 24 hour relay, including the "Hour of Power" for the cancer fundraiser.
This means that at least 4 people will be swimming in the pool for 24 hours straight. I hope I get a normal time to swim, because it is on a Wednesday...
Anyways We do need to raise money for it, so would any of you like to sponsor me? It can either be done with a flat out donation, or with a rate for every yard we swim (I will let you know how many yards we swam last year.) I definitely have more info on this, so please please help me raise some money for this! Ill probably be swimming at 3 in the morning anyways!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sure, count me in. Your old Meems will sponsor you. $50. Is that OK?
Post a Comment