Sunday, November 9, 2008

Funniest Bad Day Ever

Friday I spent the night with the girl's swim team and I am so glad that I did. I hadn't really known any of them, and getting to do so was really cool. We watched Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights. It was definitely just as good the second time as the first. I went to bed, because we had to be on the bus at 9:30.

Now on to Saturday, the day it was obviously my turn for a bad day. The Highlights of this day are in bold

I woke up at 9:36. Crap. I freaked out, and started throwing all my shit together. All of a sudden, the old, ancient, decrepit phone for our room started ringing. I picked it up but I knew the person calling wouldn't be able to hear me. I can here them but they can't hear me (I said it was old!)

Then my cell phone started vibrating. There was my problem. I had forgotten to take it off vibrate! Everyone started calling me at the same time!

I ran to the bus. It was only after we were driving that I realized I forgot my swimsuit and goggles in my locker at the pool...
Aaron (who hurt his shoulder) let me borrow his brand new size 30 Jammers. I also broke my headphones Ariell bought me for my birthday :(

We got to the pool and Angela gave me her backup goggles. They looked like goggles a third grade swimmer would have. awesome. I put them on and nearly had a stroke. They were so blue! Everything around me turned blue so that my suit actually looked white in parts....

We Got in the warm up pool and I noticed that the blue made the tiles in the pool and in the whole aquatic center look white. Add a bunch of synthetic lighting... and you get something that looks like a testing lab. I really felt like a lab rat. They had that underground viewing place in which people can plaster their faces and watch you swim from underneath you. Very creepy.

The Divers went first, and as this was their first meet, they did terrible. It really made me nervous. All that messing up, all those belly flops and back flops...*shudders* some people actually started bleeding.

The Judging was so harsh too. So many 1s. I'd just as happily stick to swimming after that thanks.

I got really nervous after that. Yay for finding a hiding place in the locker room and spending 10 minutes listening to music just to calm myself down. This is the second time in a row. Hopefully I'm not developing anxiety problems (Writing this blog is seriously making me doubt my sanity....)

I swam the 200 IM and did a 2:16. Terrible. I could do way better than that. I felt super bad about letting Lindquist down. Also, I hate it when people congratulate you when you do a bad job. They shouldn't. Then I had the 100 Free, and did a 55. Not too shabby I have to say. Then, on the 100 Breast he said take your marks, and we all did, but then he said stand and I fell in the pool!!!

It was at this point that I started to laugh at myself. This day couldn't get any weirder/ worse. Well it did. The suit Aaron let me borrow was way too tight and I could hardly do breastroke in them! I did do a 1:09, so all wasn't in vain.

We went to Tim's house for dinner and it was AMAZING!!! I love home cooked food. Spaghetti and Meat Balls, Lasagna, Garlic Bread, ohhh man! I don't know if I love carbs or meat more.

Heading back to the bus was cool because it started snowing (I am getting used to the cold!) this weird looking snow. It didnt clump together but stayed in beads (not Hail), kind of like Dip N Dots Ice Cream. Molly hit me in the face with some, but I missed her. Next time... hehehe

Back home, Coach asked us all to carry stuff back to his office. I picked up a box full of apples and pears, and started walking towards his office. The bottom of the box gave out and apples and pears sought out freedom all over the road. Wonderful.

After this, I started to head to my dorm. Someone was at the door, and so I was able to get in without my keys. My Keys! I had left my keys in my room when I rushed out the door this morning. On the way there this girl I had never met before started talking to me as if she knew me. On a normal day I would have had a conversation with her but I think she was drunk so I kindly excused myself and called Robby. He was bowling with the cross country team. I felt that he had been so nice to me lately that I didn't beg him to come let me in, but Tom the RA let me in without charging me. Bless his heart.

You'd think that would be it. I should have gone to bed when I still had the chance. Somehow I was so tired, I couldn't sleep. So I went on AIM and Facebook, and started to write this post. I was talking to Jon and all of a sudden this foreign screenname messages me. I say

"hey who is this?"

"Who is this?"is the reply. Um. wtf? If you message me you should tell me who YOU are. I ask him how he got my screenname and he said he didn't remember...

can you say suspicious?

He asks me where I am, and I say you tell me first. He says the town that I am in. Well well. A local. I ask his name and he tells me Brian Robinson. I look him up on facebook and sure enough he goes to the local public college. It says his interests are Tennis, traveling, and Alcohol. Seriously? Whoever has Alcohol on their top three interests has some issues.

And while I am still mystified as to how he got my Screenname, I totally guessed why he wanted to talk to me. "I'm Bi" he said. "You look pretty cute from your AIM picture" he said. "Are u horny? If its ok to ask" he said.

So now I'm a booty-call? I don't think so! I told him it wasn't ok and that I had to go. I think he was drunk too. Wonderful. With this new creeper addition and Bryan, I definitely feel like I deserve better than this. I KNOW I do. It's just a matter of sifting through all the dirtwads.

I found out through Facebook that Mikey knows this Brian weirdo, so I am going to ask him about him. I just wanted to post this info up because it fits with the theme and just in case I go missing, it was probably this weirdo. This part of my day isn't as funny. Heres the LGBT community that you wanted me to get to know better mom...

So now I am going to go to bed before anything else happens and hope that tomorrow brings a better day.

Love,

Neil

3 comments:

Meems said...

Well, there must be some good ones there too! It does take awhile to find the good ones anywhere though, but it sounds as though you are making some contacts.

Does 'Get you stuff ready the night before' sound familiar :) [sorry couldn't resist]

What happened to Wobbly Bob?


Love Meems

ariell said...

oh sad about the headphones! :(

don't psyche yourself out, buddy, it's only swimming. you gotta turn off your brain and s.w.i.m.

just one of those days, huh?

Meems said...

Hey, just checked the 'official' swim times on the school athletics site. You got a 2:13.97 in the 200 IM, not a 2:16.xx!!


So, see it wasn't so bad! :)

Love you, Meems