On Friday I went with Annie and Gia to Winona's first nightclub, MYST! It was crowded waiting in line (since it was opening night, it was free), but when we got inside whew was it hot! I had had a rough day and the mindset I had going in was to just dance the night away and don't care what anybody thinks. It actually worked!.....well, until I saw Jarod there too. Why do I always run into people when I don't want to? lmao.
He left, but not without looking amazing the whole time. Anyways, a guy asked Annie to dance and she went off with him (more like we got lost in the crowd.) I must say I think I am getting better at this whole dancing thing. Probably 90% of it is not caring what anyone thinks. Poor Gia though! She is 5 feet tall, and I had to rescue her about ten times from people accidentally crushing her! I mentioned it was crowded, right?
It was so hot in there that everyone was sweating. Talk about really nasty when some girl needs to get past you and her sweat covered back slides all the way past your arm. Ick.
I then saw what I wasn't expecting: two guys dancing together. Wow. And nobody cared! I kept looking at them because It was such a rare sight. But then they started dancing much worse than the bad couples who were grinding on the floor. They were pretty much having sex, but with clothes on. Yea imagine that.
We then moved around and chose different places to dance depending on space, etc. They had those cages for girls to dance in, and they also had stripper poles. hmmmmmm.
Later, I was dancing with Gia again, and all of a sudden one of the gay guys was right in front of me. And all of a sudden he brushed his back up against me and we were dancing. Don't ask me how this happened because I'm not so sure myself. This lasted for about a minute until he either got tired of not practically having sex on the dance floor with his other friend, or because his partner was finally back and staring at him. He ditched me and went back to his sex buddy, but hey, at least I had the opportunity to say that I danced with someone. Later Gia also found a guy and danced with him for one dance.
We found Annie again, and went to HyVee to get something to drink. Yay for SoBe! It was all so much fun and so worth it.
Afterwards I started to think it over, like that guy dancing with me and ditching me, what did it mean, etc, but I made myself stop because I had fun and I didn't want to ruin the moment with worrying thoughts.
Sunday We had Showcase (Ballroom Dancing.) Of course Jarod was there. And like usual, if someone I have a crush on is present, thats pretty much all I can think about. He brought Pineapple for everyone and it was so good! Everyone keeps telling me that there is no doubt that he is gay. He ignored me all night. So I mentally crossed him off my list.
In art class on Monday, Whenever I tried to sneak a peek at him, I already found his gorgeous brown eyes staring back at me. WHY WHY cant people just either ignore me or pay attention to me, and not both? Now I am confused again. I wish I could turn this part of my brain off because A) I am sick of writing about this stuff and B) you guys are probably sick of reading about it.
This is our first Two-A- Days. We had morning practice, and it was so hard my brain, out of nowhere, started singing "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. Such an amazing song. So spend some time listening to it! (does anyone else think she has similar Mannerisms to Kona?[look at 1:28-1:40])
Monday, November 17, 2008
Dancing, Classes, and Swimming
Labels:
Annie,
Ballroom Dancing,
Classes,
Gia,
Jarod,
MYST,
Swimming,
Two-A-Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That guy you were dancing with is ME!
prove it!
omg! this is getting good!
So Shirl...how you doing'
The Meems
I was just kidding. I was at a different party that night. I will admit, though, that I am a secret admirer.
Are you a top or a bottom?
mmmm... maybe only because kona blinks alot?
am i the only one creeped out by shirley? i mean really....
Post a Comment