Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Words No One Needs to See but Somehow Need to Exist

Don't comment

The Poem Never Given

I took your picture off my wall today
I hope you don’t come back and act surprised
Cause there’s nothing else I want to say

Seeing you still makes my stomach churn
But this time its not excitement, it’s regret
The butterflies that were there once, now burn

I know I shouldn’t say anything to you at all
But I don’t think you gave enough time
To recognize the authenticity and sincerity of my call

I don’t know what you think of me
But from the way you treat my presence
I really don’t think I want to see

So I guess what I need to say to you
Is that I think you and your priorities are crazy
And I hope I never develop your point of view

Since you’re still you I wish you luck
I don’t want to have to see you ignore me again
But from now on know that I don’t give a fuck

2 comments:

Shirley Hempel said...

You should try the YMCA after 9:30. Tons of hot closeted man-meat.

Neil Alexander said...

um. ew. go away