Friday, October 10, 2008

More time! Vacation time!

So today is october break. But let's not get ahead of ourselves!

We have to travel back to last night. Last night, after swim practice, (A really good one! I beat john fox in a set of 5X50 free sprints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously doubt theyre as fast as they say, either that or they're really out of shape! He still is better at breaststroke) I invited Jarod to come watch a movie with my friends and I that we had planned.

Of course no such plans existed, so I ran back and called as many people as I could together: Regina and Lauren. Leave it up to everyone to leave their homework to the last minute. We got Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC); because who doesn't love that movie? Jarod showed up. I was nervous. We went into the lounge and set up the movie. I sat down on the couch, but he sat down in an arm chair!

We started watching the movie but nothing substantial happened. Then Lauren said she had to go take a shower. THEN regina said she had to go finish her homework. I promise you this was not planned. Then we started talking! Yay! I finally got something more than a sentence out of him. muaha.

He told me he had never been farther from Minnesota than Chicago. And here I was complaining that I'd never been out of the Country! He said he would love to come down to San Diego with me. Of course I invited him (and everyone of my friends, sorry mom but someone will eventually take me up on my offers!) After many more topics and people came by to see what we were watching, the movie ended and I walked him to the door of Ed's. I did offer to walk him to his dorm with a smile on my face but he laughed and said he thought he could handle the danger.

Nothing substantial came from this. I still know nothing more than I did before. And was it a "Date?" or not? I have no clue and I don't like being confused.


I turned in my art project, which was to make a symbol that represented us. Luckily I had already made one in previous High School math classes (See! It did come in handy Mr. Priebe!). I also learned by this project how to get the scanner on the printer to work. I had to buy another book for class, called Dreamweaver ($40 of waste I say)


Everyone left for break. Over breakfast and lunch, I managed to sneak an apple, banana, and four blueberry bagels out of the caf because I learned it would be closed over the break (!!!). Alex asked me if I could feed his fish, and then another girl that lives above me asked me too. So now I have two fish in my room (with those bubble eyes) and a key to Alex's room. Alex also gave me the key to his bike. Thank god.

Kyle then invited me to go home with him, but it was already too late! I had become the Fish Feeder! Sadly I declined but I think I will be happy about my decision. I have been trying to find my own secret place on this campus but have so far failed. So Time alone and my own room is doing me amazing good! I need to be able to let my guard down once in a while.

You guys really suck at comments. Where is my motivation if not for comments?

Love to those who write back,

Neil

2 comments:

Meems said...

I represent (!) the 'suck at comments' remark. I comment MOST of the time...
I think you will have a good break, too, especially with a bike. I'm happy to hear that you are so fast -- you and JF will probably push each other to be faster. Coach has to be loving that...
Aunt Irene is in town. Any chance that we can Skype with you this evening instead of tomorrow? I know that they would really get a kick out of it, and you can never have too many Grandma (or great Aunt) brownie points!!
love you, Meems

ariell said...

you need to read the second to last entry.... i just commented.

oh, and i will post soon.

how long is october break? too bad u couldn't go home with kyle and just feed the fish an inordinate amount of food.

does mr. priebe read your blog?

and the blue doesn't really match your picture...pick a darker hue or something.

and my word verification is aggbpavo. how awesome is that?!