Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Swimming in the Right Direction

Hey everyone! I am doing fantastically! It is midnight right now so this post is gonna be short. I am loving all of my classes so far, even my World of Materials class! R.A. duties seem easily manageable for now!

What I wanted to share with you guys was an amazing door to a new world! I went scuba diving tonight! It was unbelievable! I had to pay 10 bucks for an hour but it was so worth it! I can so see myself doing this someday! I literally felt like I was on the moon or something. A merman on the moon! I had the whole shebang (minus the wetsuit, we were in an 85 degree pool after all), fins, air tank, weights, and goggles. It pretty much was swimming without the need to breath. I know that sounds a lot like swimming with breathing but it wasn't! I was able to mull around on the bottom and pick up the toys and various objects Coach Lindquist had thrown in there! (like a chair, a ring to swim through (sans the fire), and a replica of a human skull. It was so much fun! wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Everyone said I did really well for my first time scuba diving, even the other swimmers that were there. Coach said if I didn't pursue Scuba Diving in the future he wouldn't know what to do with me. He even said I would be wasting my time living in San Diego otherwise. Or something to that effect. Haha.

Goodnight for now! Ima be dreaming of flying underwater!

~~Neil

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun, I've always wanted to go scuba diving. :-)

Meems said...

Neil

Totally cool!!

It sounds as though you are on a roll.

Love you much, Meems