So I know I haven't posted anything after Dunrovin, even though I have been here for two weeks. And my response to that is: BE PATIENT!!!! lol. Almost every waking moment here has been about either ResLife, or moving in/setting up/trying to relax!
It has definitely been worth it though! I have seriously changed so much, it is unbelievable. I only hope it sticks! I thought maybe their placement of me in La Skeffron (its a combination of the dorms La Salle, Skemp, and Heffron, and you say it with a french accent!) was a bad one, but it is definitely for me. The girls that I will be working with are unbelievable.They honestly make working and duty enjoyable. Each and every one of them. And we all love organizing, making To-do lists, and post-it notes! They seriously give me energy. We feed off each other. It's beyond words.
Today, the freshmen girls moved in to their dorm today (Skemp Hall). It was so much fun! We had to be up at 7 am (not the fun part), and welcome all the people moving in. I had to move boxes and stuff, and this one family was so grateful they brought us three big boxes of doughnuts!!!!! I didn't have breakfast this morning so it made me so happy!
I also helped with some of the paperwork, so I got to meet a lot of the girls that moved in. It was so much fun, and whenever someone turned in paperwork, we did "The Wave" to show our appreciation. Being dorky and silly is so fun sometimes!
I do have to be on duty tonight, so unfortunately I have to be awake from 9 PM to 2 AM. Yuck! This means I will be up for 20 hours in a row. This is also my first day on duty with actual people on campus, so heres to safety and maybe a little bit of entertainment to keep us up.
Cheers,
Neil
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
want a follow on
Post a Comment