I know this post is way later than is should have been, but better late than never, eh?
Wicked
So I went with Ariell and her friend Sarah and mi Madre to go see the musical Wicked. As you can see from the image above, it has had an impact on me. The book I had read (which had sparked the idea for the musical) was not as good at all. He had all of the elements in there that the musical had, but the whole tone and view on life the author had was so dim and so bleak and unappetizing that it just made you depressed. He also went into length about boring & unimportant stuff, while the important stuff in the play were the stuff he talked the least about.
The actors themselves were unbelievable. I did not notice a single mistake with all of them. They seemed to be in their own little world, and we just happened to be viewing them through a pane of glass. The set design was also beyond belief. I mean, everything looked mechanic and like it was made of metal! The dragon machine on top of the stage definitely took my heart. I now have a couple of their songs, but my absolute favorite is Defying Gravity. It sends (good) chills throughout my body each and every time I hear it.
Sea World
I then went to Sea World with Ariell and Sarah. It was definitely a better choice than the Zoo! I can't even remember the last time I had been there. Even though space-wise it has nothing on the zoo, water animals are just cooler! We got to see the Shamu show, which was alright, and got to pet sting rays and starfish. We also went on a ride where we got absolutely soaked. We also went on the skyride, which you can see lit up any time of the year. That was pretty cool. Even cooler was the Cirq De La Mer show, which had acrobats (really hot ones!) flipping and spinning and diving and swimming all over the place. The best part though was the Dolphin Show. It was beyond a doubt the best thing there. My old childhood dream of being a Dolphin Trainer has come back to me and I would love to have those peoples' jobs! The dolphins are so pretty and the most agile things in the water I have seen.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment