I am sorry that I have not written more, but the craziness that was the last few weeks prevented such. Now that I am caught up, I can tell you all about the fun stuff that has been happening!
Last weekend, I made cupcakes with Regina and Jayne. They were the funfetti kind, and how awesome they were! Jayne had also bought a whole can of Icing, and we were all taking some to lick off. I used a knife. I know you can foresee what happens next! The frosting was so good, that I forgot to be careful and accidentally cut my tongue! :( :(
I was worried the rest of the night about it, because it hurt like hell. After that I went to bed. I woke up, and after spending some time on the computer, I remembered the cut! Checking my tongue, it was 90% after only one night! Injuries in your mouth really DO heal fast! After two days, when I checked again, I couldn't tell were the cut had been.
My speech on gay marriage I don't think went too well. First of all, I was the fourth person to go that day, so the audience was dead and didn't care. Second off, like my normal overachieving self, I had about 30 minutes of informations for a speech that was supposed to be 10 minutes long! Some of the pictures in my powerpoint also did not work. Much was left to be desired, and I had to leave a lot out. I think my speech on Garibaldi fish went a lot better than this one.
On friday it was 90 degrees out. I was sweating like a pig, and really wanted to go to the beach. Thankfully Feather and Robby were going to a "beach" and asked me if I wanted to come along. I said sure! I forgot that I didn't bring boardshorts from home, so I had to make due with my speedo. To sum it all up, it was way too cold to go into the water for longer than thirty seconds, so we all just sun-tanned for a couple of hours. Felt so good!
While I was watching TV, a channel announced that there was going to be a severe thunderstorm warning. Ha! it was 90 degrees! I looked out side and to the north was a huge expanse of black clouds. How weather changes here! Much to say I was super excited!!!!!!
I grabbed my camera and was in absolute heaven. The clouds were moving and changing so much, I was snapping away every second. I got some really good ones, like the one in my profile pic. Then it began to rain. The drops were so big, one hit my camera and got the whole front screen wet. It was insane.
Later that night, for who knows what reason, Jayne and Regina wanted to straighten my hair. Also, for some reason I gave in. They did manage to straighten my hair, but it hurt like hell the whole time. The people that do that every day must be sadistic. I'll stick to my wavy hair any day. They thought it looked good, but I had to play around with it for it to please me. We then went running in the rain and it thankfully went back to normal!
The day after that I discovered some dogwood trees in full bloom, and practiced taking pictures of those. They were so beautiful, but it was definitely frustrating and hard work to get just the right focus each time. Now I see why professionals hate automatic cameras, when it is just as easy to focus it yourselves. I'll need one of these cameras for my photography class, and I am hoping I can borrow it from the teacher, but if not I am going to have to buy one. I'll put more pictures up later!
That is all for now, Can't wait to be home!!!
<3 Neil
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Latest Happenings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
cool picture! Really nice detail. Also loved the one of the thunderclouds!
I miss a good thunderstorm!!
We got a graduation announcement from Meredith Weiner today...
Meems
Post a Comment