COMPLETE!!!
Woke up. Didn't say a word. Got the tape, got the sign, got the shirt!
Went to class. Got a lot of confused looks, but no askers yet.
History of the Bible teacher made me take off the tape. Mean lady! Haven't talked yet!
It's amazing how much we use our voice! I never realized how much hearing my own voice calmed me down sometimes. Your thinking process seems stronger without having to vocalize everything. This silence is hard and frustrating. This is what it must feel like for people too afraid to voice their opinion.
Not speaking creates so much more time in your day!!! I don't know what to do with myself.
It's amazing how much we say every day; most of it pointless blabber. Silence really does say more sometimes.
Awkward silences....they really say a lot.
Silence is kind of scary. Even with me being able to text and write on paper.
What am I going to say first when this is over?
I am trying to look everyone in the eye when they stare or smirk at me. It is hard. But, I know that I carry the truth, so what is there to be ashamed of?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Went to Lunch. It was kind of fun, but doing charades is more difficult than it looks. Thank God for texting.
After a while not saying anything gets boring. Decided to leave.
Almost spoke on the way back!!!!! :/:/:/:/ whew!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Went to art class. It's amazing that a sister of the Catholic Church is more understanding about this than my bible teacher.
Almost spoke in art class. There were wasps! Killed one.
Almost sang leaving class because I always sing to my music. OOps :P
ONLY 2 MORE HOURS!!! :D:D
With 10 minutes left, I decided to walk to the plaza to join the others like we had planned. I was walking there, and this girl I had met twice saw me and asked how I was. I said Good! AUUUUGHHHH!!! FIVE MINUTES BEFORE!!!!!
At the plaza only Kassie is there. One teacher walks by and says had she known others were doing day of silence, she would have joined us! I txtd everyone to come and celebrate being able to talk again.
at 5 I shouted WOOHOOO WE CAN TALK AGAIN! And later we all screamed as loud as we could. So much fun!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So did you make it past the 2 hours?
Yay! Go you! I couldn't do any day of silence things because I had speeches lined up for my classes :(
Post a Comment