Monday, January 12, 2009

Busy Semester Ahead

Wow. My life is already so complicated!!! I am swimming constantly, now part of the theatre production A Chorus Line, of which the directors think they are the most important and are going all Nazi on our schedules. Im also still in the Ballroom Dancing club, and my partner Annie and I finally figured out how to do this spinning and using our force to pick her up off the ground thing. whew! everyone clapped when we finally got it :D

The swim meet was a lot of fun, and was way more pleasurable since we didn't have to travel at all! Most of my friends came and saw me swim so that made me EXTREMELY happy! Coach told me he was really happy that I did about the same times as the last meet before Hawaii, because he rationed that we should all be hurting because he was so hard on us during the vacation, and so the fact that I was doing the same while everyone else did worse (even John!) was really exciting for him. Im still kind of frustrated by it.

So I was waiting for that night, which was Saturday, because the team was planning on having some "get together" and I thought it was a party. I mean, they were all talking about buying drinks. Then I found out through someones slip of the tongue that it was innitiation into the swim team....oh boy haha

It wasn't that bad at all actually. I think the guys forgot, so we got off rather easily. They split us up guys and girls, and we went to Aaron's and John's rooms. They gave us five shirts and we had to make up jerseys for ourselves. Not knowing what else to do, someone suggested we play tic-tac-toe on the front, and so we all played a game of that! And then on the back we had to have nicknames that everyones else picked, and of course they were stupid and made no sense lol

Then they gave each of us a spoonful of ground cinnamon and we had to try and eat all of it. I knew something was supposed to happen with this, but what it was I couldn't quite remember. So I slowly put it to my mouth, a fraction of a second after everyone else, and I only inhaled half of it before I started coughing. It was like a desert in your mouth!!!! But the really cool part, even though you could hardly breath, was that a jet of cinnamon powder would shoot out evertime you coughed! and Matt threw up into the trash can that was placed in front of us. I just waited patiently and told my brain to activate the glands in my mouth, and slowly I was able to spit it all out.

Now, this is Ground Cinnamon, which means it doesn't have any sugar, and tastes pretty bitter. It also stings your lips a lot. But it was still pretty cool. Then we had to go to Heffron Hall and take a picture with the bust that was there. You'll probably see it when it surfaces on Facebook sometime.

After that we went to go join the girls in the other village. The older girls on the team had obtained a wide, shallow tub of pond water, and had thrown objects like olives, nail polish containers, necklaces and such, so that they had to competitively bob for the objects much like one bobs for apples. The cool thing was that the winners got a $25 gift card to some restaurant or other!

And after that we partied, people playing drinking games that I admit was kind of fun to watch. Especially when everyone gets tipsy. I did try a sip of this blueberry flavored beer, and it tasted good, until it went into your stomach. eww. so gross.

John Fox gets so excited and emotional when he's drunk! He smiles, shows emotion on his face, talks more, and actually stood up on the coffee table and started dancing!!!!! It was a lot of fun and it was also cool because there was a group of us (5) that were sober so then we didn't feel left out. Plus we acted drunk anyways for fun :D


So last night, my good friend Pat Luke professed his love to me. I kind of knew this was coming sooner or later, but that of course didn't make it any easier. He is SO nice, and I get along with him SO well. The only problem is that I'm not attracted to him. Its sad too because I kind of want to be. He would be such a great person to date, but its just not there! Call me shallow or a jerk, but thats just how it is. I feel like Im passing up something here that I shouldn't, but we all make mistakes right? tell me Im right!

and yea, that's about it! Its snowing a ton right now, and is supposed to be super cold this week, but I love it! I can't get enough of the snow and if u bundle up enough, nothing is too cold! Bring it MN!

Love ya,

Neil

1 comment:

ariell said...

YOU ARE RIGHT. do NOT settle. when the right guy comes along, none of this "did the ONE just pass me by?" stuff will faze you. and i love the artwork.


just let him down easy, but firm.

<3ariell