Friday, September 26, 2008

Off to Iowa

I don't really have much to say, since I am pressed for time.

Today was the Inauguration of the president. It was so hot today,which made listening to about 500 people talk about how great a day this was almost nauseating. Of particular note to me was one speaker whose speech seemed like a subtle threat-- he talked about how he knew the guy was going to be a good president and how everything he does will be a reflection of the school, the board, and its people. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but thats what it sounded like to me.

Another interesting thing was the speech of the president himself. He kept pounding on the podium, and had one finger extended like he was pointing at us. It was just a little unsettling. I did like his speech though, it revolved around a story about some person that served God but was poor. People started making fun of him and saying that even though he cared for others God didn't care about him. The man retorted, "I don't believe that God forgot about me. God told someone to take care of me, and it is they who forgot." His whole speech was about being the people who remembered to help each other out at the request of God.

Anyways, I have to go now. We have two games on saturday, and then more if we win those. There is a possibility of playing eight games...but don't get too excited. Tom said it would be a miracle if we get past round two. It will be very fun though, so I will post again (with pictures!) when I get back!

Neil

1 comment:

ariell said...

like i told mom, where is iowa? it has to be the least named state ever. i mean south dakota gets mentioned, only because it has no major cities, but iowa? completely swept under the rug...

good luck in water polo. i wish i could give you some really special advice, but i don't know any. so slam the ball. maybe it'll make it to the cage.

GET YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME LOSER.

love ya, ariell