Monday, September 15, 2008

More

So the bonfire on Friday was pretty fun. We went and just talked, a bunch of people from the outdoors club set it up. thankfully it didn't rain and the full moon was out. A bunch of people started pulling out cigars...which surprised me greatly. I thought cigars were long gone.

Unfortunately not; and there was even a person there smoking a pipe! Some others were of course smoking normal cigarettes, and I avoided these like the plague. The only cool thing about the cigars is that one of them smelled like grape juice!

Also there was alcohol, and it was simply entertaining to see how people acted drunk. If you don't already know, they hug a lot, talk loudly a lot, and like one guy, started rubbing the side of his face against mine...

The group that was not part of the outdoors club (mostly consisting of drunk people) had set up a giant tent that could house at most 15 people. Of course there were 20 by the end of the night.

Saturday we had to go to honor people being inducted into the Hall of Fame. People told me this would be boring, and so I expected (like usual) to find at least one person to have an interesting speech. This time I was surprised (or disappointed) to find that it was super boring. In the three hours that we sat there waiting (in my new tie that everyone liked and my mother picked out :D) someone made a robot out of paper cups, and I made my booklet into an origami sculpture.

Then came Sunday. At 10:30, we were to have a Water Polo scrimmage for all the Alumni that had come to see the Hall of Fame Inductee Ceremony. For Swimming there was only one Alum, and so we split the team into two, him being on one team. I was excited because this was my first "game," and I was going to see how the game works.

My friends who I had told about the game, came to watch and that made me very happy. So what you need to know right now is that the pool has a deep section (for the diving boards,) and a shallow section (for people who cant swim? I don't know.)  You cannot use the bottom of the pool to aid you during the game. Unfortunately I am tall enough that my feet touch even when I am egg-beating. 

Therefore, when the ball would come my way, I would get so excited and didn't want to fail my teammates that my body would instinctively do whatever it could to get the ball, hence why the team leader Tom yelled at me three times to not stand up. We got fouled each time for this. 

Then, when I finally mastered not pushing off the bottom; Tom put me in the Goal. THE GOAL. Even Eric (another player) was like "Neil?!" Much to say this did not make me happy. To sum up, my whole team was down by the other goal while the only All-American Water Polo player on our team (Joyce) would swim down as fast as he could and toy with me. He knew there was no way I could protect the goal against him.

This made me angry and at the end of the game, the goalie has a chance to shoot the ball at the other goal to try and score. Of course NO ONE HAD TOLD ME ABOUT THIS!  So Tom again was yelling at me to shoot. 

Much to say, I was angry and everyone knew it. I finally had adrenaline rushing and the game was over. Good thing Tom or Joyce didn't slink over at that time because I was ready to hit someone.

At lunch there was something called a pig roast, and it was mouth watering delicious. Much better than anything the cafeteria food could invent. Perfectly burnt pork, beans, potatoes--amazing!

1 comment:

Meems said...

told you it was a good tie.