I have failed to write in the past few days, because of a three day event called MIAC. It is the climax of our swim season every year. I also did amazingly well.
I don't know how to describe it. This year, after swimming for nearly 15 years of my life, everything just seemed to click. I understood what muscles had to be used in order to maximize speed and productivity, and also learned what proper movements would slide me through the water. It just felt good, I can't even explain it.
And during the meet, it all showed. I improved in every event I participated in! I was in the 200 IM, 100 Breaststroke, the 800 Free relay, and the 200 breaststroke. The first day was the 200 IM. I got a 2:05, a nice drop from my previous best time of 2:10.
The next day was the 100 breast and the 800 free relay. In the morning, my 100 breast time was sped up to a 1:04 from a previous 1:07 time. That night, coach asked what I was going to do, and I told him 1:03. I got it! In the 800 Free, I managed to get a 1:55.
On the third day, the day when I noticed how exhausted I actually was, I managed to stay awake for a 2:23 in the 200 breast.
It was an amazing experience. I felt so in tune with my body and got to physically see the results of my hard work. Wohoo!!! Like my sister said, this was the meet of my life! At least until Senior year!
Today, though, is not quite as fun. There is nothing to do. I am entertaining myself by turning in my Study Abroad applications and reading more of Dracula. Until then.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go Neil...great job!
Post a Comment