Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Break, Day 3/5

So last night, we went to see New Moon again. Whew! I must admit, that I am a diehard Edward Cullen fan. I mean, I think muscles are nice and all, but Taylor Lautner is just too buff and its kind of gross. I'd rather have the long, thin, swimmer looking kid. Big surprise, eh? Plus, any man that looks like he is brooding, just somehow makes me swoon.

(SPOILER ALERT)

The movie was just as good the second time (which actually says a lot, because I don't want to see most movies past the first try), I just loved how the director implemented the depression scene where Edward leaves her and she trips while being lost in the woods, and just doesn't bother getting back up. Also, the three months that she's depressed, its just like life is going on without her, and there's nothing she can do about it. I will admit I might have had something in my eye both times. Damn contacts :P

The ocean scenes helped a lot too. I mean, being so far away from home makes you want to be there so much more. And even scenes of brutally cold Washington State beaches made me want to be at least there. The scene with Victoria swimming toward Bella was so cool, and just as awesome was the part where her vision of edward underwater dissipates when Jacob grabs her. Awesome movie!

(END SPOILER)

I also went to the pool before the movie. It was a teeny tiny 4 lane pool at a YWCA (like a YMCA, but for women I guess...). I felt a little out of shape, but it felt good to get back in again. After practicing, I definitely had to jump into the little jacuzzi they had there! Hadn't been in one in a long time! Felt great.

After the pool and movie, we went out to eat at a Caribbean place called Brasa. Such good food! They served in a meal style too. Everything was just too amazing, like their buttered corn bread, their seasoned beef, and their pork with a green lime sauce. After that we went to Cafe Latte and ordered cake. I got a turtle Cheesecake. Couldn't have been a better way to end the day.

Love,

Neil

No comments: