Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MIAC

MIAC was wonderful! I had no clue how everything would turn out, because I had never tapered before.

The first day was fun and frustrating at the same time! We stayed in this super nice Hotel called the Raddison, and they had these amazing sleep number beds that you could make harder or softer. The first night I slept like I was dead! It was so great. Then--the meet. The pool was breathtakingly huge. It even had plants decorated around it. I also found out that a pool placed inside a building is called a Natatorium. I was kind of glad that Mom & Dad missed my first race (200 IM) because I didn't do that well. I got a 2:12, and was so nervous and messed up my transitions from each stroke.

Mom and Dad got here and we had a lot of fun inbetween Swimming Sessions. Basically they would have prelims in the day, and Finals at night, so that each day was completed. Mom and Dad hung out with the other parents, and even got to meet some of my friends on the team. Everyone really liked them, and we had fun scouting out all the good places to eat :D

The 100 breastroke was good. I swear I've done a 1:04 before, but meems said my time at this meet was my best with a 1:06. So I will believe her. I did get my best time in the 100 free, but I don't remember what it was.

That was the extent of MIAC, and trust me it was a lot more fun than I made it sound.

Neil

1 comment:

Meems said...

Neil:


It was great fun from our end too.


I'm glad we did not embarrass you too much :)


Good luck back to dancing and acting!


Love, Meems