On Thursday, I entered into a snow sculpture contest with some of my friends! It was super funny because we had no idea what we were doing (like with the sand sculpture contest this last summer!) and we changed our idea at LEAST a dozen times! We got second place! (out of three, but still! The first place people didn't deserve it. All they did was half a coke can. Oh well, the judges are human too! haha) Below are pictures!




On Friday, I went with Regina and Jayne to go see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland! We ended up seeing it in 3-D! It took me a while to get used to the effects, but once I did it was amazing! The colors and scenery popped all throughout the movie! The plot, however, seemed to furl at the ending. It left me unsatisfied, and that's why immediately on Saturday I downloaded the original Alice's adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I was definitely surprised by how easy it was to read, and also how short it was. It was only 118 pages! Also, it was completely free! There was a $5 version, but being the broke college student that I am, I chose to go with the free version, provided by Google. It was riddled with mistakes! I couldn't believe the amount of typos in it. I was however, very happy with the pictures that came with it. They were the originals! I read the whole thing today, and really was moved by it. I will talk more about it later!
Today, on Saturday (technically its sunday now. boo!) The girls water polo team had a tournament here at school, and so I definitely attended! It looked like so much fun! I really miss water polo! The cool thing is, we needed people to run the meet, so I got to score the games (not all of them) ! I actually learned more about the game that way than actually playing it! I can't wait to play again senior year!
That was my weekend!
(EDIT: Wanda, unfortunately, has met her end. It was super warm this weekend [43 degrees!!!], and now she is a burnt matchstick remnant of a snowwoman. So no pictures on her :/ )

1 comment:
Wanda, we never knew ya...
Post a Comment