Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Guru and The Traveler

New story! I was itching to do something, and after much thought this popped in my head! It's a little more than a page. Let me know what you think, and what you get from it!

Without further ado:

The Guru and The Traveler



“Dear Guru! You have to help me! I have a problem!”

“Be patient Traveler, I’m sure it can be solved.”

“But you don’t understand, I’ve come all this way and no one else can help me!”

“It’s good you’ve come here then. This Lone Guru on this lonely mountain has sat here long and thought here hard. I can solve most any human dilemma.”

“I hope you can, Guru! It’s a problem that’s been bothering me my whole life!”

“Did you climb this mountain?”

“Yes, yes! I climbed every rock and every cliff face!”

“Then you’ve traveled halfway to your answer. All you need now is guidance from this Guru. What is your problem?”

“Ever since I was born I’ve always acted older than my age. I spent my whole childhood wishing everyone would grow up. But then something happened and I seemed to wake up! I started experiencing the things around me, and pretty soon everyone started telling me to grow up! After that, all this time I’ve lived the most amazing life!”

“Then what seems to be the problem?”

“Everybody else won’t experience the things I do! They never see the beauty in anything, they never delight in the simple pleasures in front of them, and everyone says what I do for fun is boring! They say it’s like I’m stuck being a child! No one understands me!”

“How did you say your climb up the mountain was?”

“It was beyond beautiful! Every bush and leaf was exciting! All the rocks were unbelievably rough and fun to climb! Every turn gave me amazing views and even the clouds kept me cool in my tough climb!”

“Sit down beside me Traveler.”

“You can help me then?!”

“Sit down.”

“Please guide me, O Guru!”

“I cannot.”

“What?! Why not? I thought you solved everyone’s problems!”

“I cannot help you, because your problem is my own.”

“Then what shall I do? How did you solve the problem?”

“I stayed here in order to keep watching this amazing view! Sit down, Traveler, and become what you’ve been destined to be. Be my fellow Guru, and we’ll solve each other’s problem.”

1 comment:

Meems said...

fun twist at the end. I like it!