Friday, December 12, 2008

Finals

Ive had two finals so far, and am about to turn in my Art Final tomorrow. I also have my LCT final tomorrow.

The Mass Comm final was so easy. It was two essay questions, and of course I did really well! (it's writing, duh! :P)

The math final I am hoping to God I did well. I knew a majority of the questions, but some i was not sure on, and others I had no clue. I had an 81% going in. I really really don't want a C in college. It would make me so angry with myself. The problem I always seem to have with math is that all the word problems look the same. ARGH!!! :(:(

My art final was to create a logo for a high speed internet company. It's actually a real company called Ridge-Runner Internet Services. It's for rural or places out of major cities. They don't commercialize, but gain customers only from word of mouth! Our teacher has this Internet Service, and used this as an idea for our final. We have to create a logo, and then incorporate it into an object, such as a bill board of coffee mug.

He also told us we could do our logo on the computer if we wanted!!!! I was so excited! Immediately when he told us what we were doing an Idea popped into my head. I don't know how it happens! He told us we should have more than one design, but my first designs have always been the best, and the others only went downhill from there.

So, whether you want to see it or not, I present it to you! I guess I have to state that I don't own the Ridge-Runner company, nor do I own the name. But I own everything else! Muahaha!

What I did was I imagined a blacked-out image of a man running, with a barrage of colored squares behind him. As usual, the color red would be the dominant color. The idea of the design did change to make it look a lot better, but the idea of squares with a man running stayed the same. Whatever Muse gave me this I am definitely grateful!

Here it is, the Logo, and then the Bill Board:





I must say its very puzzling that some of the colors change with some of the pictures! I have to print it out to, so they will all look the same in the end.

Later on, the symbolism of the bill board hit me! The slogan that I made up, "Can YOU keep up?" fits perfectly because the color blocks on the logo can than turn into computer files or something of the sort. Then, the files are racing, or beating the man running a race! So in effect, it is saying "our internet is so fast, you won't be able to do stuff fast enough to keep up!"


One more note. I think the name is rather bland. I mean, first of all it reminds me of Road-Runner. And second of all I thing of a Fridge. Fridge-Ridge, get it? Whatever, as long as they have business!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great Job on the art final!

ariell said...

hey! I like the project. :) if i did, this, I would work in a ridge somewhere in there. And make the words black? But it's already a good idea. and the blacked out guys looks cool.